Handy GPS 16.8 apk for Android.
Handy GPS 16.8 -n store a tack log to show where you’ve been.
* Waypoints and track logs can be imported from and exported to Google Earth KML and GPX files.
* Allows manual entry of waypoints in UTM or lat/lon coords.
* Can guide you to a waypoint with the “Goto” screen using true or compass bearings.
* Optional audible proximity alarm on goto page.
* Has a magnetic compass page (on devices with mag sensors only).
* Computes the local magnetic declination at startup using the IGRF-12 model, for use on the goto page.
* Can display either a simple map of your current location and the stored waypoints, or a Google Map if a data connection is available.
* Supports the world-wide WGS84 datum along with the Australian datums and map grids AGD66, AGD84, GDA94, AGD, GDA, AMG, and MGA. (You can also use WGS84 for NAD83 maps).
* Shows satellite locations and signal strengths graphically.
* Can display simple 6 or 8 digit grid refs, or MGRS grid refs.
* Waypoint-to-waypoint distance and direction.
* Optional timer to record walk duration and compute average speed.
* Has online help pages.
* Thoroughly tested by the developer on bushwalks.
Handy GPS 16.8 Features:
Extra features available only in this paid version:
* Unlimited number of waypoints and track log points. (The free version is limited to 3 waypoints and 20 tracklog points)
* An email or SMS containing a clickable link showing your location can be sent to a friend.
* Common datums such as NAD83 (US), OSGB36 (UK), NZTM2000 (NZ), SAD69 (South America) and ED50 (Europe) can be selected from the custom datum page, or you can configure your own datums. You can also load and save datum params.
* UK grid refs with two letter prefixes can be shown if OSGB custom datum selected.
* An elevation profile of your route can be shown.
* Can average GPS locations over time to give a more accurate result.
* Can take photos, which are optionally geotagged, directly from the app.
* Show sun rise and set times.
* Turn on/off flashlight from within app.
* Export waypoints to a CSV file in UTM or Lat/Lon coordinates.
* Create a new waypoint by projecting an existing one using an entered distance and bearing.
* Can download tiles from various map tile servers, for use as offline maps.
* Now comes complete with an Android Wear version for use on your Android Wear smartwatch. (This has the same functionality as was in the HandyGPSWear app).
Permissions required: (1) GPS – to determine your location, (2) Network access – for access to Google Map and OSM tiles, (3) SD card access – to load and store waypoints and tracklogs, (4) Camera access for taking pics, (5) Prevent phone from sleeping so that proximity alarm works, (6) Control flashlight, to allow the flashlight to be turned on/off from within the app, and (7) System settings, to allow the Android Wear app to control the watch screen brightness.
Handy GPS 16.8 Screen Shots